Pop up tents are must-have accessories for a variety of outdoor events including tradeshows, farmers’ markets, sports, corporate parties and whatnot. But why are they so popular?
- A pop up tent is an ideal portable shelter solution. It provides ample protection against UV radiations, rain and cold, and is also light enough to be carried around. From camping to hosting barbecue parties – you can use it for all sorts of fun activities.
- Tents can be tailored to meet the requirements of individual users. Brands can have theirs customized with brand colors, logos and graphics turning the humble tent into a powerful marketing tool.
- From curbside pickups for retail stores to outdoor dining areas for restaurants – outdoor tents can be used to set up all sorts of temporary and reusable commercial structures.
With so many options available on the market, choosing your first event tent can be puzzling. In this blog we’ll tell you what to look for in a pop up tent so that it suits your needs and serves you for a long time.
Durability and strength
Durability and strength are two essential factors to consider when choosing any accessory. Modern outdoor tents employ canopies made of PVC, polyester or nylon. These materials effectively block UV radiations, and are waterproof and insulating. Here’s how they compare to each other:
- PVC tends to fade under prolonged exposure to UV radiations. But it is the toughest of the three materials and can be used in rugged conditions.
- Polyester and nylon are woven fabrics and hence breathable. They provide for better ventilation and air circulation in hot and humid conditions. However, nylon is prone to bobbling.
- All three materials can be easily customized. They can be rendered in custom color schemes. It is also easy to digitally print graphics and logos on them.
- While all three materials are lightweight, it is easier to fold and pack polyester and nylon compared to PVC.
- PU-coated PVC and polyester tents fare better than other materials in harsh weather conditions. You can definitely consider this option for your tent if it’s going to see a lot of action all through the year.
When it comes to tent frames, the two most popular materials are aluminum and steel. Here’s how they compare:
- Aluminum is tough, lightweight, durable and naturally corrosion resistant.
- Steel, although heavier than aluminum, is stronger and cheaper. And it can be made corrosion-resistant by applying rust-proof coats.
Choice of tent size depends on how you are planning to use your tent.
- At Custom 10×10 tents tents are perfect for accommodating small crowds and best used for family gatherings or setting up refreshment booths in outdoor events.
- Large event tents are perfect for hosting outdoor weddings, fundraisers, corporate parties and such.
- If you have specific dimensions in your mind, feel free to ask your tent manufacturer and they’ll be happy to oblige.
Easy to set up
One of the advantages of a pop up tent is that it’s easy to set up. However, not all tents are created equal! Some tents may take longer to set up or require the use of specialized tools. Look for a pop up tent that’s easy to set up and requires minimal tools. The tent should come with clear instructions, and you should be able to set it up quickly and easily.
You’ll want a tent that’s easy to transport. Look for a tent that’s lightweight and comes with a carrying bag. It should be easy to fold and pack, and should fit comfortably in the trunk of your car.
Always go with a brand that has a good reputation for producing high-quality tents. You can do some online research, go through product reviews or ask for recommendations from other users and event organizers. A reliable brand always offers excellent customer service and support, and stands behind their products.
It’s always a good idea to have an accessory exclusively tailored for the individual user. Such accessories serve as personal statements and give brands more visibility in highly competitive markets. The same rule applies to canopy tents. There are customization options galore for tents. You can go for custom colors, fabrics, dimensions, graphics and whatnot. Look for tent manufacturers, who are more than willing to tailor their products for individual customers and brands.
A well-ventilated tent can be a life-saver in hot and humid weather, not least if you are planning to spend long hours under the summer sun. Look for a tent that has vents or windows that can be opened to provide airflow. This will help prevent the tent from becoming too hot and stuffy. Also, choose breathable fabrics like polyester for the canopy.
Accessories serve to enhance the functionality of a pop up tent. Choose a custom tent that is compatible with accessories such as sidewalls, anchor kits, and weight bags. These accessories help to stabilize the tent and provide additional protection from the elements.
Price is an important factor to consider, but it shouldn’t be the only factor. A high-quality pop-up tent will last for several years and provide excellent value for money. Don’t be tempted to buy a cheaper tent that may not be as durable or strong, as it may end up costing you more money in the long run. Look for a tent that offers good value for money and fits within your budget.
A good quality pop up tent can prove to be an asset for your business. At the very least, it will keep you happy and protected from the elements for many long years as you indulge in some pure outdoor fun. Follow the information provided in this blog and choose wisely.