Two practices that we as humans swear by are acquiring and retaining knowledge. If we are not knowledgeable, well we can’t really move forward in life. So it is important to get knowledge from wherever we can. Only attaining that knowledge is not sufficient.
Polishing it and presenting it in an acceptable way is also equally significant. This is where education jumps in. Education essentially aids us in enhancing our knowledge and polishing it. It helps you form connections between different things.
Hence, in the modern, digital society, education plays the most crucial part. Knowledge and the very popular IoT essentially have an immediate influence on the development of humans along with the society we reside in presently. Education has been enhanced thanks to important measures being taken over the last few decades.
In today’s modern world, the word ‘education’ is not just linked to course books but is also connected to the surroundings around us. And there is no doubt in the fact that technology has greatly aided in boosting the standard and caliber of learning. Thanks to the developments in technology, you can now learn to read and write online through digital platforms.
All you need is a reliable Internet Service Provider like Spectrum and you’ll be able to access all your favorite learning websites without any interruptions thanks to the incredible internet speeds that the provider offers. Simply contact Spectrum en español (for Latin Americans) or visit the provider’s website to see if it is available in your region.
Thus, it is safe to say that both technology and learning are now interlinked, in fact, learning is greatly dependent on technology. This article is also relevant to technology and education. We will be discussing the four basic applications of IoT in the education world. So sit back, relax, and keep reading.
Applications of IoT in the Education World
- Smart Boards
We are living in completely digital and different times. The present-day kids really enjoy using smart boards and they have almost forgotten about the black and white boards. What exactly are smart boards?
- In simpler words, these boards are highly interactive and promote learning by showing images, maps, etc.
- Moreover, they also permit the teachers as well as students to interact with one another. How is this possible? Communication becomes possible by writing or typing on the smartboard and just simply moving it around the classroom. The whole idea sounds interesting and fun, right?
- The concept behind smart boards is to give students the liberty to express themselves and polish their creative and interpersonal abilities.
At this point, you must be thinking about whether it is possible to replace traditional black or white boards with state-of-the-art smart boards. The answer is very clear. Of course, it is entirely possible because we are living in a digital world and so being open to change and embracing the digital form of everything is a smart choice. This will not only help the students in understanding concepts better but will also aid in enhancing their analytical skills.
- Automated attendance policy
Several educational institutions essentially require students to maintain a particular percentage of attendance before appearing for their midterms or finals.
- IoT devices not just help teachers in calculating attendance but also aid them in extracting data, and information, and analyzing it accurately.
This is a big blessing for teachers who believe that taking attendance and then recording it manually is a dull, hectic task.
- Therefore, biometric attendance can help them save a considerable amount of time while simultaneously generating accurate reports.
- This feature has an added benefit for parents as well who will be notified instantly if their child is absent from class.
- Distant learning
Another very notable feature of IoT-based learning is that it possesses the ability to store and assign data in specifically designed and outlined applications. How does IoT accomplish this?
- Well, by using specially designed software, students from all around the world can essentially sign up for inter-country learning programs.
- The cherry on top is because the institution grants IDs as well as passwords, only documented students can use the content hence keeping all the violators away.
Thus, now everyone can think of taking courses from their favorite universities regardless of their location.
- Webcams in Schools
This amazing invention assists professors in organizing proper online classes and successfully executing virtual classrooms. So, if you are a teacher who is finding it super tough to engage your pupils in everyday lessons, the greatest strategy in our view would be to efficiently make use of this technology and give comprehensive virtual tours to the students.
For example, if you have designed an entire lecture on the Statue of Liberty, rather than explaining the significance of this landmark verbally, you can essentially take them on an exciting virtual tour instead. This will make things easier for you and the students will also greatly enjoy it.
Hence, it is proven that IoT features make the whole concept of learning quite innovative, interesting, accessible as well as convenient for students all around the globe. Yes, we agree that there is still a lot that needs to be done, however; it is highly likely that IoT will completely take over the education sector and will greatly enhance the standard of teaching.